Student Registration & Withdraw Information

Fri, 08/21/2020 - 1:30pm


Student registration is now available online. If your student is new to the Howard County School System and you would like to register your student online, click here

NOTE: If you are coming from out of the country and need language support to register your child, please call the International Office – (410) 313-1525 or (410) 313-7102 – do not register online.

If you are enrolling from another HCPSS school and need to bring in proof of residency, please either email: or call (410) 313-5043. Ms. Harman will return your call the next time she is in the office to schedule the appointment. Email may be the quickest way to reach her. 

Frequently Asked Questions

To automatically download complete instructions, click here.  Online Registration Instruction Sheet.pdf

Required documents include:

o Parent/guardian legal photo identification

o Lease or deed (all pages)

o Utility bill (statement date within the last 45 days)

o Student’s birth certificate

o Proof of parental/guardian relationship

o Proof of immunizations

Last report card

o Special Education or related services documents (if applicable)

Once you have completed the online process, you will be contacted to set up a time to come in and complete the enrollment either by email or phone call. At your appointment, you will need to provide any document you did not upload ahead of time, and most importantly, your photo ID. You will need to complete a health survey form, request for records form and also a Gifted & Talented Testing Form should you wish you have your child tested.

Any family who does not have access to a computer may make an appointment with Mrs. Harman by contacting her via e-mail at or (410) 313-5043 and leave a message on the machine. Please note Mrs. Harman will be in contact as soon as possible, but unfortunately, she is only here on certain days in the summer. 



In accordance with Policy 9000 – Student Residency, Eligibility, Enrollment and Assignment,

  1. If your student is moving out of Elkridge Landing boundaries, still within Howard County over the summer, you will need to complete the paperwork to transfer to their new in-county school prior to the start of the 2023-24 school year.  See the form, PDF icon FILLABLE_Change_of_Address (1).pdf along with new residency documents, (settlement statement, deed or complete rental lease agreement) and current utility bill. Send the form and documents to Ms. Harman via email at
  2. If your student is moving out of Howard County over the summer please contact Ms. Harman, via email at to process your withdrawal paperwork. See the withdrawal form, ELMS withdraw form
  3. Lastly, if your student is moving over the summer and continues to reside within Elkridge Landing boundaries please forward a completed Change of Address form, PDF icon FILLABLE_Change_of_Address (1).pdf, along with new residency documents, (settlement statement, deed or complete rental lease agreement) and current utility bill to Ms. Harman via email so we have current and accurate residency documents for your student.