Materials Distribution and Distribution Plan at Elkridge Landing Middle
What: Materials Collection & Distribution at ELMS
When: Multiple times for your convenience
- Monday 8/31: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Grade 8)
- Tuesday 9/1: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Grade 7)
- Wednesday 9/2: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Grade 6)
- Thursday 9/3: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM (Makeup date)
Who: All ELMS Families/Students
How: Please keep reading!
As we prepare for the upcoming school year it is time to collect the materials that students took home with them on March 13th in order to prepare to distribute materials to our students for this year.
- Materials must be returned to the school they were borrowed from (i.e. the student’s 2019-2020 school). All materials returned will sit for a four-day period as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention prior to being inventoried. If your child did not attend ELMS last year, please go to your child's last year school’s website to view their collection plan. If your child attended ELMS last year, our collection plan is detailed below.
Also, the school is receiving instructional materials that need to be distributed to all our students. These items (textbooks, Chromebooks, workbooks/packets) are necessary for virtual learning.
Please know that our number one priority is to ensure the safety and well-being of every student, staff, and family member during this process. We ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Students and parents/guardians should remain in their cars during the drop-off and pick-up of materials. Students and parents/guardians who will walk/bike to the school should also adhere to social distancing expectations throughout the process and will be directed by HCPSS staff upon arrival. Please have your student’s name on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper displayed on your front dashboard, on the passenger side of the vehicle.
2. Students and parents/guardians must wear masks and adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times.
3. Please place your items to be returned in a plastic/shopping/grocery bag or box labeled with the student’s first and last name. (Bags/boxes will not be returned).
4. If you are able, please print out this paper and include it in your bag to identify what you are returning. You may also handwrite the information on a sheet of paper.
Here are our distribution/collection dates:
- Monday 8/31 – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM for Grade 8 families (previous and rising 8th graders)
- Tuesday 9/1 – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM for Grade 7 families
- Wednesday 9/2 – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM for Grade 6 families
- Thursday 9/3 – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM for those who cannot make the dates listed above.
Also, if you ordered a memory book and you were not able to make the previous pickup dates, you can do so on the dates listed above.
This map indicates traffic flow.
What can I turn in?
- Media books and textbooks
- School issued instruments: If you are not returning to ELMS, please return your instrument.
- Chrome books: If you are not returning to ELMS, please return your Chromebook/laptop issued in the spring of 2020.
- Elevator Keys: If your child had one of our elevator keys, please return them. Currently, our inventory is out and we need these back.
What if I cannot make any of those dates:
- You may send someone (relative or friend to pick it up). Please email Mrs. Lamas-Martin your child’s name and the name of the person picking up your items. The email is email@example.com.
- We also have front office staff in the building Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM to 3:15 PM. You must have an appointment to do so. Please call our front office during office hours to schedule a day and time. The main number is 410-313-5040. Once you schedule the appointment a staff member will hand you your items in the vestibule. Please remember to wear a mask.
What if I have more than one student in different grades?
- You may pick up for both students on the same day. Please write their names/grade on the 8.5x11 paper that will go on your dashboard. Also, let a staff member know and they will get the contents for your other children.
Do I need to request a Chromebook in order to receive on?
- Yes, only students who have requested Chromebooks will receive one. If you need to submit a request, please visit https://www.hcpss.org/devices/. You can also use this link to see if your child already has one assigned to them. Detailed instructions are available on that website.